getting ready

Monday, August 18, 2008

Dear Sweet Daughter,
Tomorrow morning you start Kindergarten.  I can't believe it!  We have spent all week getting ready and getting excited.  We picked out your backpack (purple w/ pink flowers, what else?), gathered your school supplies, and got your uniform ready.  Dad and I were proud of you when you met your teacher, Ms. Carlson, and you were very polite.  Your classroom looks great and you have 7 other girls in your class with potential to be close friends.  There are 5 boys to play with too, who are hopefully kind like our good friends Aiden and Kade.  It has been busy getting you ready for school, but when we slow down and talk - you express nervousness.  Your Dad and I have found it a privilege to be there for you in these moments.  We want you to know that we are here to help you and you shouldn't feel alone.  It is our desire to help you take this next step, and in so doing, take a step closer to being more dependent on God.  Tonight we asked God to give you courage tomorrow as you walk into an intimidating room with new people.  He can help you make a friend and learn your assignments.  He can help you obey the rules and respect your teacher, when you are tempted to make mischief.  We want you to know that this isn't easy for us either, and we are learning how to depend on God more as we see you growing up.
I am so grateful for you tonight.  I feel like its my first day of school too.  I have butterflies.  I want you to have a great first day, maybe even more than you want it.  And I want you to know...I love you so much.  I'll try to keep-it-together in the morning and not embarrass you too bad by taking many, many pictures.  But I can't make any promises there. 
Love you!
Mom

0 comments:

Kendall Brunson All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger