big moment

Saturday, October 25, 2008

First thing this morning, they went to the garage and took off her training wheels.  Apparently, they've been talking about it for a week (and I was unaware).  All of a sudden her bike seemed huge to me!  They made many attempts up and down the sidewalk...no complete victories yet.  There will be big lessons in perseverance with this milestone (and patience for us, her helpers)!  But it was a sweet moment.  Knowing that I'd want to watch and take pictures, they set up a chair for me in the frontyard and waited for me to come out...so sweet. (I have them well-trained...yes!)

Ok, it's moments like these that cause me to think...
If someone would have predicted, when I was a newlywed, that in 6 1/2 years I would be watching my oldest daughter learn to ride a bike (with two lil' sisters in tow)...I would have cracked up laughing.  Sometimes, I still can't believe how much my life has changed and how much I've changed because of it.  And this moment today was a rewarding one.  She brings us joy and a crazy, fun life...she always has.

0 comments:

Kendall Brunson All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger